Types Of Ant Pest Control Service for : Little black Sugar Ants, Carpenter Ants & More
The following house ant species are all common pests that you may encounter:
– Black Ants. Linepithema humile is the scientific name for black ants, which are also called sugar ants and Carpenter ants. If you have an infestation of these ants, you’re likely to see the insects traveling across your floor in lines, seeking out sugar and food waste. Often, they take up residence in the kitchen. Black ants typically do not pose a threat to people or property except carpenter ants, but they can be a major nuisance. Effective pest control for black ants must involve locating the entire colony and eliminating it.
– Moisture ants is a collective name that includes a number of ant species in two major genera which are superficially similar in appearance and size. Both are wood invaders. These are the yellow ants, and the cornfield ants. They may be nesting in damp soil outside or under the house, beneath sidewalks, along foundations, or under debris and rocks in the yard.In homes and commercial building you will find their nest where there is excessive moisture.
– Fire Ants. Solenopsis invicta or the fire ant is a small 1.6 to 5-millimeter ant that is bright red in color. These ants will bite humans who get too close, so prompt pest control for fire ants needs to be completed at the first sign of the pests. You’ll often see fire ants in swarms in an infested home. Outside, the ants often form mounds that look like sand. You’re most likely to see these after it rains.
– Carpenter Ants. Big black ants or Carpenter ants burrow into wood that has become soft due to age and excessive moisture. The ants can cause severe structural damage if they are not dealt with properly, Contacting pest control for carpenter ants is important. The most common sign of a carpenter ant infestation is piles of sawdust in areas that the ants have infiltrated.
– Flying Ants. Winged ants or alates are ants with noticeable white wings. It’s possible to find just one winged ant in a home, as the insects can fly in through an open door or window; however, flying ants can set up colonies in homes. While alates usually aren’t harmful, most people do seek out services for pest control for flying ants because they are a nuisance.
Dealing With Ants: Should You Try It Alone?
For homeowners that are plagued by ants, there are natural pest controls, ant pesticides and ant traps offered on the market for DIY ant removal. While these products can help to temporarily eliminate ants, in most cases, they are not capable of fully removing the infestation. The reason why is that often it’s necessary to use measures for pest control for ants outside as well as inside, and homeowners usually do not have the knowledge or expertise to properly treat both the exterior and interior of homes. you’re not able to determine how the ants are getting in and locate the entire colony, ants are likely to just come back. As a result, it’s best to leave ant removal up to a professional ant exterminator. If you’re in the Seattle, Kirkland, Issaquah, Samammish, Bellevue, Mercer island, Redmond, Kent, Woodinville or Renton areas, Seattle ant control exterminators can help you deal with your ant problems. Contact us today for more information or to schedule an inspection.