Killing ants in your home or around a building requires knowing what to look for
- All pantry food should be fully sealed. This is especially important for sugar, honey, maple syrup, grains, cereals, cookies, jams, and bread.
- Get rid of the ant line by vacuuming it up along with some corn starch so they suffocate in the vacuum bag. Or you can wash them away with some soap and water.
- To abolish the scent of the trail, wash the area after removing the ant line. Use soap and hot water.
- Permanently seal the entryway used by the ants. Caulk windows and cracks, and weather-strip doors. Cover holes with duct tape or petroleum jelly.
- Try to find out where the ants entered from the outside. You may find a branch, for example, used to climb over to a window.